As a business who understands and wants to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your procurement operations you know eSourcing makes sense. But how do you make it work? And how do you help ensure that the solution can evolve to meet your changing requirements?
You are being sold a Cloud solution/service that comes packaged with “implementation” support. The implementation plan looks something like:
- Complete enablement workbook
- Configure system (done by provider)
- Go live in 4 weeks!
There is a potential problem with this, however; the guidance you are given around the first step is often limited and you have many questions such as:
- What is the enablement workbook?
- How does it relate to my data and my processes?
- Will my “answers” impact or constrain future development/evolution of the system?